Valedictorian Christine Muraco '17, Commencement Speaker Evelyn Wolfe, Interim President Timothy Houlihan and the Winter Commencement Class of 2017 made for an amazing day January 9, 2017 as they rang in the new year with almost 100 new graduates of St. Francis College.
Health Care Management
Make Health Care Work Better For Everyone
Learn to deliver high-quality health care effectively and efficiently. With a degree in Health Care Management you can work on the front lines helping people get efficient, high quality care.
Our professors will teach you the managerial skills and tools you need to be an effective leader in health care.Healthcare is one of today’s most dynamic and faster growing fields offering a wide range of opportunities and challenges. Studying at St. Francis College puts you in the middle of major market and gives you access to jobs in:
- Health insurance organizations
- Health care associations
- Nursing homes
- Physician practices
- Mental health organizations
- Public health departments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Universities and research institutions
The Health Care Management major provides a fundamental and thorough education in the liberal arts tradition while concurrently providing pre-professional preparation in the field of health care management, particularly as regards health care facilities such as hospitals and nursing homes. Mastery of the liberal arts core as well as communication skills built sequentially into the major curriculum support the graduate as he or she enters and adapts to changes in the professional domain and contributes to his or her success as a mature and responsible citizen beyond graduation. The program is designed to prepare students for careers immediately after graduation and/or graduate school and professional training.
It is with great sorrow that St. Francis College announces the passing of President Brendan J. Dugan, a graduate of the College class of 1968 on December 18, 2016. He was 69.
NYC Smoke-Free collaborated with St. Francis College in Brooklyn Heights to encourage smokers on campus and in the larger community to quit for one day and to raise awareness of the importance of smoke-free protections in creating environments where quit attempts are more likely to be successful.
St. Francis College proudly launched a new honor society chapter on campus, Alpha Lambda Delta, on November 11, with the induction of more than 100 students who achieved academic excellence in their freshmen year at the College.
When prospective college students come to the St. Francis College Open House this Sunday, October 23 from 10:00am to 2:00pm, they'll be able to meet the professors and administrators that will be teaching and guiding them if they choose to attend. But for some, more importantly, they'll meet the students who will be their classmates; examples of all that's possible while studying at St. Francis College.
More academic accolades for St. Francis College, this time as Value Colleges ranked St. Francis 47 in the nation on the organization's Top 50 Best Value Colleges list.
- Prepare Health Care Management majors with the tools they will need to work in health care facilities.
- Prepare students for graduate study.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviors appropriate to entry-level positions in health care management.
- Students will demonstrate respect and understanding of diverse populations and achieve a level of cultural competency appropriate for professional working environments.
- Students will learn to work constructively and collaboratively in a working/research group or committee.
- Student will gain “hands-on” experience working and/or volunteering in a professional work environment as part of a “service-learning” or internship experience.
- Students will investigate, analyze and write a well-documented research paper based on a complex health problem
- Students will formulate a comprehensive oral presentation.
- Students will develop, achieve and sustain a commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Students will formulate strategic plans for a health care facility
- Students will solve case studies involving health care management issues.
- Students will become proficient in health policy and regulations regarding health care facilities.