Tanya Van Court, Founder and CEO of iSow and David Helene, Co-Founder of Edquity and UniFi Scholars talked about the basics of personal finance and how to master the challenges young people face when dealing with none on February 16, 2017 at St. Francis College.
Are You Tomorrow's Leader?
The Rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders has brought politics front and center to to millions of Americans. But do you understand the meaning behind their message?
The study of Political Science will help you decode what candidates are saying and teach you what it means to be a strong leader.
At St. Francis College, Poli Sci majors can focus on international relations, comparative politics, and American government. You will also learn about the development and function of governments, and the behavior of rulers throughout history.
These are tools that Political Science majors use to succeed in law, politics, advocacy, and public relations. You will also have a solid foundation for a career in public policy and in local, state, and national government.
- Law firms
- City, State, and U.S. Courts
- with Government officials from New York City, New York State, and the U.S Congress
- non-governmental organizations at the United Nations
Other opportunities include internships with some of the numerous museums and historical societies in New York City; a summer study abroad program; participation in the Model United Nations; and activities through the St. Thomas More Pre-Law Society such as mock trial, lawyers’ luncheon, LSAT preparation, and workshop on applying to law schools.
The major of Political Science investigates how individuals, groups and nations interact with others. Political Science analyzes how conflict is managed by the various parties. Political Science has many areas of inquiry including: American Government and Law, Comparative Politics, International Relations and Public Administration/Public Policy.
The Department offers both a Traditional and a Behavioral Approach. The Traditional School utilizes Legal, Historical, and philosophical tools to analyze and evaluate Political Institutions and processes. The Behavioral School employs the Scientific Method which includes, Problem Recognition, Hypotheses formation, gathering data and forming conclusions.
The Political Science major provides students with skills necessary for careers in Law, Government, Education, Business and the Not-For-Profit World. In addition, it provides students with the tools to make informed and logical decisions in both their professional careers and in their personal lives.
As she walked down the aisles, shaking hands with dozens of the almost 700 people who came to see her speak, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor talked about an important realization she'd come to since joining the highest court in the country.
Students coming from families with low incomes have a great chance of making it big if they attend St. Francis College, writes the New York Times in an assessment of a major new report conducted by The Equality of Opportunity Project.
St. Francis College welcomed Alexandra Pierre, a Re-Entry Counselor for the Spring 2017 Senior Citizen and Institute for Peace & Justice Le true Series on January 31, 2017 to talk about Mothers and Prison.
Earning a spot in the St. Francis College Nursing Program while also being President of the Model U.N. Club shows that junior Saskia Hosein '18 knows how to balance her school work. But SFCTV Reporter Vann Brewer '17 tells us, Saskia is also a success on an international scale.
St. Francis College hosted painter and Holocaust survivor Fred Terna on January 24, 2017 to talk about his life, his work, and his show held in January at the College's Callahan Center, Processing Chaos, Recurring Echoes.
- Prepare students with the knowledge and skills for successful opportunities in the fields of Government, Law, Education, Business and the Not for Profit area.
- Provide students with specific courses in American Government/Law, Comparative Politics, International Relations and Public Administration/Public Policy.
- Offer Departmental majors and minors as well as other students on campus the opportunity to explore political and historical topic through lectures and forums and through our club activity.
- Develop the skills of Critical Thinking, Analysis and Research.
- Compliment course offerings with a full range of off-campus activities including: internships, independent study, field trips abroad and to museum and cultural visits.
- To provide career guidance for all students and to provide specific Information for admissions to Law Schools, Graduate Schools of Political Science, PublicAdministration/Public Policy, International Relations and Education.