On behalf of our faculty, students, and administration, I am pleased to welcome you to the Pre-Health Professions Program at St. Francis College.
The mission of the Pre-Health Professions Program (PHPP) is to prepare students to pursue further studies in professional schools for medicine, dentistry, podiatry, and veterinary medicine, as well as other programs such as physician assistant, medical technology, and radiological sciences. It also prepares students for entry into master’s level programs in occupational therapy, physical therapy, and midwifery. Students can also major in Health Promotion and Science. The college also offers two programs in Nursing.
In addition, St. Francis College offers several programs in cooperation with SUNY Downstate, Methodist Hospital of Brooklyn, St. John’s University, and the New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
Graduates have gone on to medical school at:
- Columbia University Medical Center
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- New York University College of Dentistry
- Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy
I invite you to spend some time learning about our programs and the career opportunities they offer, and see the personal and professional value that an education in the health professions can add to your life.
Director, Pre-Health Professions Program
Dean of Academic Program Development
Office: Room 8312