Learn Today To Inspire Others Tomorrow
As a graduate of the Teacher Education program at St. Francis College, you can have a positive impact on the future of thousands of children.
New York State public schools offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of a revitalized educational system. And with more than one million students here in New York City and three million students spread out across the state, you’ll have plenty of diverse teaching opportunities to choose from.
At St. Francis College, you’ll get the personalized attention you need to become an effective educator, and the field experience to be an instructional leader. Classes are taught by a faculty with decades of experience in the NYC Public School System as both teachers and administrators. Our technology-rich professional studies programs incorporate theory, field experience, supported pedagogy, and a semester of full-time, supervised student teaching.
Candidates accepted into the Teacher Education program prepare for Initial New York State Certification in either Childhood Education, Adolescence Education or Physical Education. Each program includes three areas of study:
- general liberal education;
- academic major or concentration that is planned and monitored collaboratively by both the academic department and education faculty; and
- pedagogical studies.
Student may prepare for:
- B.A. English/Childhood or Adolescence Education;
- B.A. Social Studies/Childhood or Adolescence Education;
- B.S. Biology/Childhood or Adolescence Education;
- B.S. Mathematics/Adolescence Education,
- or B.S. Physical Education.
Make a difference -- learn more about the Teacher Education program at St. Francis today!