Transfer Student Registration and Academic Resources
Transfer Orientation and Registration Sessions
Transfer Orientation is an important part of your journey at St. Francis College. During these sessions we will go over essential policies and procedures unique to SFC, such as:
- Your transfer credit and how they apply to your degree at SFC
- Your first semester SFC course pre-registration
- Financial aid information
- Academic advisement and how to register for classes
- How to access to your SFC email and the MySFC web portal
- Receiving your Terrier student ID card
*Transfer Orientation and Registration Sessions are a mandatory event for all new transfer students at the college.
Academic Advisement Workshops for Transfer Students
At SFC, we feel very strongly about the importance of students meeting with their academic advisors. Our advisors do much more then help you track progress towards graduation. They are part of a supportive relationships within the school community and provide expertise in your major field of study. Therefore, academic advisement is mandatory every semester, for every student, before you register for classes.
To assist transfer students with the advisement process during their first semester at SFC, the Center for Student Success holds “Academic Advisement Workshops for Transfer Students” to help new transfer students understand their role in the advisement and course registration process. Workshop topics include:
- Policies and procedures for advisement and registration
- How to prepare for your meeting
- Registering for the correct classes based on your transfer credits
- How to access and read your Program Evaluation
- Meeting your graduation requirements
- Using WebAdvisor to register
*All declared transfer students must also meet with their departmental academic advisors each semester.