At SFC, we are proud of our diverse student body

Welcome to our Transfer Students & Families!

We want to ensure an enjoyable orientation and successful upcoming semester for all. Please read through the checklist, information & resources we have gathered here, and do not hesitate to reach out to us or stop by our office any time!

The following items must be completed prior to the start of the semester:

Apply for Financial Aid | Complete the FAFSA

If you have not done so already, complete the FAFSA to see if you qualify for federal grants & student loans.

New York Residents | Complete the TAP Application

New York State residents may also qualify for state grants by completing the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application.

Register for the Placement Test

All first-year students must take the college's placement exams in writing & mathematics.

Register for Orientation

Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students. Please check your personal email for a registration link to RSVP for Orientation.

Complete the SFC Immunization Form

Students must submit a completed SFC immunization form. You may submit supporting documents along with this completed & signed form to the Office of Admissions.

Download Immunization Form

Submit your final official college transcript.

All transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically directly from the high school.

Connect with your future classmates on social media.

Login to your SFC email.

Prior to Orientation, check your personal email for your login credentials.

Terrier Mail

Order Textbooks

Students can buy or rent textbooks from the SFC Bookstore.

Celebrate College | Attend Terrier Tuesday on September 4, 2018.

Join the SFC community for a block party to celebrate the start of the school year.

Get Involved

Want to join a club or organization on campus? Learn about SFC's student clubs & organizations. It's never too early to get involved. The Office of Student Activities hosts a Spring Club Fair.

Optional | Apply for Housing

SFC is currently partnered with Educational Housing Services & provides housing steps from the College in Brooklyn Heights. DEADLINE: May 1, 2018. Applications received after this date are accepted for any available housing. In the event the College is unable to offer housing, the College will refund the housing deposit.

SFC Housing

Student Athlete Checklist

Return the Athletic financial aid agreement & National Letter of Intent (if applicable)

Check your personal email for these documents, which must be returned to Jim Hoffman, Compliance Officer, Athletics.

Check NCAA Eligibility Center Account for the following:

  • Your enrollment period must be correct! For January 2018 enrollees, it must be “Winter/Spring 2018.” For September 2018 enrollees, it must be “Fall 2018.”
  • Your SAT or ACT test scores must be sent directly to the NCAA. The 4-digit school code for the NCAA is 9999.
  • Your official high school transcript must be sent directly to the NCAA by your high school. Your transcript through three years of high school should be there, and your official final transcript must be sent after high school graduation.
  • Respond to any tasks or questions in your NCAA Eligibility Center account.
  • Request final amateurism after October 1 for January enrollees and after April 1 for September enrollees.

NCAA Eligibility Center
Complete & submit Prospective Student-Athlete Questionnaire

Student-Athlete Questionnaire
Optional | Apply for Housing & Submit the deposit.

SFC Housing

International Student Checklist

Obtain a Form I-20 | All F and M students that study in the United States need a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”

Obtaining the Form I-20, which establishes your F-1 international student status in the U.S. & serves as a certificate of eligibility to schedule a student visa interview at your nearest U.S. embassy or consulate (if necessary).

In order to obtain the Form I-20, you will need to complete and application and email it back to me along with financial documentation which demonstrates your ability to pay tuition & living expenses in the U.S. for up to one year.

Download & review the 2017-18 SFC Application for a Form I-20.

If you are currently in the United States in F-1 status attending a U.S. high school or university, you must also have your current international advisor complete the SEVIS Transfer Recommendation Form so that your SEVIS records may be transferred without interruption.

F-1 Student Transfer Recommendation

All documents should be emailed to Chad Lectura

You will not be permitted to arrive after this date. At the Port of Entry, have your Form I-20 ready to show to a Customs Officer, so do not pack the Form I-20!
Obtain an F-1 Student Visa | Once you receive your Form I-20, apply for an F-1 Student Visa at your U.S. Embassy.

More information on the U.S. visa process

Find your U.S. Embassy & make an appointment.

Prior to going to the U.S. Embassy for your appointment, you must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System).

When the fee payment is completed, be sure to keep a copy of the receipt/confirmation of payment to bring with you to the embassy. A visa will not be issued unless the visa officer can verify that the SEVIS fee payment has been made; however you may schedule your visa interview prior to paying the SEVIS fee.

When you go to your appointment at the U.S. Embassy, be sure to bring the following:

  • Form I-20 from St. Francis College
  • Confirmation of re-admission to St. Francis College
  • Proof of graduation from your previous institution, transcripts, or TOEFL/SAT scores
  • Original financial documentation, including the financial sponsor affidavit (notarized)
  • Original housing documentation, including the room and board affidavit (notarized)
  • Passport valid at least 6 months in future

Once you have applied for your F-1 student visa, notify Chad Lectura you have received your visa & the date you plan to arrive.

You must arrive in the U.S. within 30 days of your program start date.

Active Duty Servicemembers + Veterans Checklist

Apply for Veterans Affairs education benefits.
Learn about the GI Bill
Submit your Joint Services Transcript Order your Joint Services Transcript
Active duty & veteran students may be eligible for academic credits for military service Contact: Dr. Michele Hirsch: 718.489.5455