Quality Education / Affordable Tuition
The mission of St. Francis College to provide a high quality private college education at affordable tuition continues to earn attention and accolades as Forbes names St. Francis to its newly revealed list of America's Best Value Colleges.
This is the third year Forbes has released this list, which focuses on "net price, net debt, alumni earnings, timely graduation, school quality and access for low-income students."
Forbes created the list to answer the question from parents and prospective students, "will the benefit of a diploma be worth the cost," writes Susan Adams, a senior editor in charge of Forbes' education coverage.
"We are focused on helping to shape responsible citizens who will leave a positive mark on society," said President Miguel Martinez-Saenz. "A big part of that equation is to make sure when they graduate, they are not burdened by high debt or low prospects. Being recognized as a Best Value College confirms that we are succeeding in our mission, giving our students the freedom to pursue their dreams."
St. Francis College has also been recognized for its value and benefit to graduates by a number of other magazines:
- U.S. News & World Report: Least Debt
- Washington Monthly: Best Bang for the Buck
- Money: Best Colleges for Your Money
Among the students continuing this successful track record are Spring 2018 graduates:
- Marcus Da Silva, an Economics major from Brazil and captain of the Men's Swim Team. Marcus will be working at JP Morgan Chase upon graduation.
- Hannah Berger, a Nursing major who had one externship at NYU-Langone Health in cardiothoracic surgery and another at Staten Island Hospital. She'll be taking the NCLEX exam this summer to become a registered nurse.
- Johnny Perez, a Criminal Justice major who has already begun working as Director of U.S. Prisons Program for the National Religious Campaign Against Torture. Johnny is an advocate against solitary confinement and has testified at the United Nations and on the New York Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
St. Francis College hosts its Spring Open House this Sunday from 9:00am to 3:00pm at 180 Remsen Street, Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201.
St. Francis College, founded in 1859 by the Franciscan Brothers of Brooklyn, is located in Brooklyn Heights, N.Y. Since its founding, the College has pursued its Franciscan mission to provide an affordable, high-quality education to students from New York City's five boroughs and beyond.
St. Francis College, 180 Remsen Street, Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201