Freshman Orientation is your main introduction to the college. For freshmen students enrolling in the fall, summer orientation sessions are held several times during the summer months before the fall semester begins.
The Orientation day is meant to be fun and informative! During orientation you will receive practical academic advice as you complete your registration for your first semester of courses. The program involves fun activities and presentations, such as:
- Information on SFC's academic programs, including available majors, as well as academic resources such as advisement and tutoring.
- Technology @SFC, including how to use your SFC email, student portal, and more.
- Health and Wellness information
- Faculty Expectations
- Student Life games an activities, as well as information on joining clubs and getting involved on campus.
- Meet with academic advisors and receive your first semester class schedule.
At orientation, new students gain the opportunity to interact with each other as well as current students, faculty, and staff! All incoming freshman are also given an option for a campus tour, receive a college information packet, and an SFC identification card.
Freshman Orientation is one part of the Franciscan Tradition to provide more than just a place to take your classes. We also help you meet classmates and form new connections, bringing you into the larger St. Francis community
Contact us today to learn more about attending your SFC orientation experience:
- Freshman Orientation
(Questions/Concerns? Email us at Freshmanadvisor@sfc.edu) - We encourage you to attend the earliest orientation session possible so as to get a head start on your journey to SFC!
- Transfer Student Orientation:
(Questions/Concerns? Email us at Transferadvisor@sfc.edu)
Stay tuned for more information on pre-college summer writing intensive and math workshops!
We are excited to meet you and help you on your road to success!