The Office of the Registrar is obligated to protect student privacy. We are regulated by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 which covers:
- Management of student records maintained by St. Francis College
- Regulations regarding who has access to student records
- Reasons for which access to student records is granted
- Permits St. Francis College to release limited "directory information" without a student's consent
- Guarantees students access to their records, and allows them to restrict such access to others
Students may restrict or permit access to their academic records by in one of the following ways:
- Log into Ellucian Self Service and navigate to the View/Add Proxy in the User Profile option. Your Proxy will be granted access to login and view information available on Self Service.
- Students who would like parents/proxies to be present in meetings and/or speak on their behalf with administrative offices must submit a form to outline specific permissions. Please use the appropriate form below:
- To withhold information, students must make a formal request by submitting a signed, dated letter to the Office of the Registrar. Students are advised that withholding information may carry certain consequences. Please see a few example of the consequences in the detailed description below.
For additional information, contact the Office of the Registrar.