The Office of the Registrar is obligated to protect student privacy. We are regulated by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 which covers:
- Management of student records maintained by St. Francis College
- Regulations regarding who has access to student records
- Reasons for which access to student records is granted
- Permits St. Francis College to release limited "directory information" without a student's consent
- Guarantees students access to their records, and allows them to restrict such access to others
Students may restrict or permit access to their academic records by in one of the following ways:
- Log into Ellucian Self Service and navigate to the View/Add Proxy in the User Profile option. Your Proxy will be granted access to login and view information available on Self Service.
- If you prefer, you can submit a form and outline specific permissions. The form must bear your signature and be submitted to REGISTRAR@SFC.EDU or faxed to 718-489-2059.
- Download the FERPA form
For additional information regarding access to student records, please consult the most recent student catalogue. Questions about FERPA and its application at St. Francis College should be referred to The Office of the Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on FERPA, visit the Department of Education website.