Pre-Health Professions Programs, B.S.
The mission of the Pre-Health Professions Program (PHPP) is to prepare students to pursue further studies in professional schools for medicine, dentistry, podiatry, and veterinary medicine, as well as other programs such as physician assistant, medical technology, and radiological sciences. It also prepares students for entry into master’s level programs in occupational therapy, physical therapy, and midwifery. Students can also major in Health Promotion and Science.
The pre-health professions’ office assists students to prepare for these various health-related careers by providing information and assistance on requirements, the application process, open house, days, and other kinds of relevant information.
St. Francis College offers several programs in cooperation with John’s, SUNY Downstate, Methodist Hospital of Brooklyn, and the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. In addition, St. Francis College offers several programs in cooperation with SUNY Downstate, Methodist Hospital of Brooklyn, St. John’s University, and the New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
Graduates have gone on to medical school at:
- Columbia University Medical Center
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- New York University College of Dentistry
- Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy