Make NYC & Brooklyn Your Classroom
Nestled at the heart of leafy Brooklyn Heights and culturally diverse New York City, St. Francis College offers students the opportunity to learn and grow in one of the most vibrant global capitals.
Your Portal to NYC
With stunning views of Manhattan visible from the promenade, Brooklyn Bridge Park at our doorstep and some of NYC's best cultural institutions, shopping and dining mere steps from campus — SFC provides students access to a world of possibilities both in and out of the classroom.
Get to Know Downtown Brooklyn & Brooklyn Heights
Residence Life & Housing
Our Residence Life program offers students exceptional living and learning experiences within a welcoming, safe, clean and well-maintained environment. We invite students from New York City, across the country and around the globe to find their home with us. See if our on campus housing options are right for you.
Types of Meal Plans
Meal Plan 2 - Silver - $1,400.00
Meal Plan 3 - Bronze - $800.00
Brew Shop: M-F 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (hours are subject to change during holidays and winter/spring break)
Things to do in NYC
Arts and Culture
Going to school at St. Francis College puts you just minutes away from one of the top Egyptian Art collections in the world, stunning flora and fauna, breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline and much, much more.
- Brooklyn Academy of Music – The Brooklyn Academy of Music is noted for presenting world class performances of opera, theater and dance, as well as movie theaters showing everything from box office hits to Sundance Film Festival entries.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden – The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a 52-acre living museum where beauty, romance and fun blossom among world-class plant collections and specialty gardens.
- Brooklyn Historical Society – The Brooklyn Historical Society is a museum, library and educational center dedicated to encouraging the exploration and appreciation of Brooklyn's rich heritage. Students get free admission with SFC ID.
- Brooklyn Library – It is the mission of Brooklyn Public Library to ensure the preservation and transmission of society's knowledge, history and culture, and to provide the people of Brooklyn with free and open access to information for education, recreation and reference.
- Brooklyn Museum – The Brooklyn Museum is a bridge between the rich artistic heritage of world cultures, as embodied in its collections, and the unique experience of each visitor. You'll find everything from a world class permanent collection of Egyptian Art to contemporary exhibits on pop culture.
- Grand Army Plaza – The enormous entryway at Grand Army Plaza stands as a stately opening to Brooklyn's famous Prospect Park.
- Prospect Park – Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, who also designed Central Park, this 585 acre oasis features a lake, audubon center and zoo.
- Rubin Museum of Art – A short subway ride into Manhattan will take you to the Rubin Museum and a world class collection of international art and culture. Students get free admission with SFC ID.
In downtown Brooklyn or Brooklyn Heights, a stroll down Montague Street or up Court Street will take you on an international tour of restaurants and cafes. If you're looking for fine dining, a quick lunch or just a place to watch sports, you'll find it literally steps away from St. Francis College.
- Armando Ristorante | 143 Montague Street
Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner.
- Caffé Buon Gusto | 151 Montague Street
Reasonably priced lunch and dinners, with outdoor seating.
- IHOP (Discount for SFC Students, Employees) | 253 Livingston Street
By presenting a valid St. Francis College ID to the cashier upon payment of their bill, students, faculty and staff will receive a 20% discount when dining at the IHOP at 253 Livingston Street or ordering takeout to be picked up. This offer is courtesy of Arkell Cox, a member of the SFC Board of Trustees and owner of several IHOP franchises.
*Please note that the discount is not applicable on delivery orders.
- La Bagel Delight | 90 Court Street
For bagels, muffins, coffee and platters.
- Lassen & Hennigs | 114 Montague Street
Full-service deli with soups, sandwiches and desserts.
- Monty Q's Brick Oven Pizza | 158 Montague Street
Salad bar, pasta bar and pizza.
- O'Keefe's Bar & Grill | 62 Court Street
Lunch and dinner are available, a full complement of televised sporting events.
- Queen Ristorante | 84 Court Street
Formal sit-down Italian dining.
Explore more restaurants in the local area or download mySFC Mobile app for additional options.
There are a variety of places to stay near St. Francis College, from major chains to new boutique hotels. Below is a list of some of the most convenient. Also feel free to search for hotels in Lower Manhattan, just a subway stop away. Enter zip code 11201 into your searches for the closest hotels.
- Brooklyn Marriott Hotel
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn Downtown – Discount available with link.
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn City Center
- Hotel 718 – For discounted rates, click on Corporate Rates and enter STFRANCIS.
- Nu Hotel Brooklyn – For discounted rates enter code ILSTF.
- Sleep Inn Prospect Park South – 5% off Best Available Rate for anyone booking through St. Francis College.
Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.