Studying Abroad With SFC
Spending a semester or an academic year studying abroad is a wonderful opportunity to experience life in a different country while continuing your degree. Enrich your academic experience, further your professional goals, and grow as you immerse yourself in a different culture.
Why Study Abroad?
- The opportunity to earn university credit at a foreign institution
- Learning a foreign language
- Making friends in a culture other than your own
- Gaining a sense of personal independence
- Changing your world view
- Enjoying the opportunity to travel
Study Abroad Partners
Spend a summer, a semester, or an entire academic year as an exchange student in Paris as part of the MICEFA program. You will be able to fulfill credits towards your major, minor, or college requirements by choosing between 16 different Parisian universities, each specializing in a unique academic field.
SFC Study Abroad Programs:
St. Francis College partners with the following organizations to provide study broad experiences to our students:
- MICEFA in Paris, France
- The University of Waikato in Hamilton, New Zealand
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Center for International Studies (CIS)
- College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS)
- Mission Interuniversitaire de Coordination des Echanges Franco-Américains (MICEFA)
Funding Your Study Abroad Experience
Need assistance with covering your study abroad expenses? Find out more about scholarships and financial aid opportunities for studying abroad provided by Institute of International Education (IIE).
Ready to Start Planning Your Study Abroad Experience?
Contact Dr. Daniel Benson, Director of Study Abroad, to discuss your options. Please remember that in order to receive credit for study abroad, you must apply to the program and receive approval to participate.
SFC also hosts regular, informational study abroad fairs throughout the year
- Additional Resources · Study Abroad FAQ and Checklist
- Application for Study Abroad/ Course Substitution Form
- Study Abroad Scholarship Application
- Guide to Study Abroad
Ready to Go? Have Additional Questions?
Contact Dr. Daniel Benson to discuss your plans to study abroad.
Associate Professor, Foreign Languages, Fine Arts, and International Cultural Studies Departments [email protected]