Skip to main content


Students Dream Serve Achieve

Why Transfer To St. Francis College

Private School at an Affordable Price

Transfer students are eligible to receive exclusive merit scholarships ($10,000 and above), as well as generous need-based financial aid.

Transfer up to 98 Credits

We accept up to 98 credit hours of transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree, which is 77% of the credits you need to graduate!

Dedicated Admissions Counselor

You’ll work with one admissions counselor and one academic counselor throughout your academic journey.

Location is Everything

Accessible and located in the heart of Brooklyn, we’re close to everything New York City has to offer.

We’re committed to making your transfer as seamless as possible.

Transfer Admissions Steps

Ready to Apply for Fall 2024?

  1. Submit your application using our easy online form.
  2. Email your transcripts to [email protected]
    1. In 28 to 48 hours, an Admissions Counselor will contact you to guide you through the credit evaluation and financial aid process.
  3. Attend a Credit Evaluation Meeting with your Transfer Counselor.

Types of Transfer Credit

At St. Francis College, we award credit to transfer students for what they’ve accomplished, both in and out of the classroom. In addition to traditional academic credit for course completed at two- and four-year college and universities, we also reward credit for:

Military Experience Credit

Current and former servicemembers from all branches of the U.S. military can receive credit for their military service and training.

Experiential Learning

Skills acquired outside the classroom can qualify as transfer credit through the Experiential Learning Assessment Program, which is available to all students pursuing a bachelor’s degree.

New York University Foreign Language Proficiency

More than 50 different language-testing examinations can be taken to evaluate knowledge of a foreign language, which can qualify as transfer credit.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Program

Students are eligible to apply transfer credit if they earned a diploma and earned a score of 4 or higher on “HL” courses from an International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).

Transfer Scholarships

We offer numerous scholarships to students who transfer to our community, ranging from $500 to more than $11,000. Merit and faith-based scholarships as well as need-based aid are available to count towards your personalized financial aid package.

Associate Degree Scholarship - $1,000 awarded to students who have completed an Associate Degree

Merit-based Scholarship - between $6,000 and $12,000 dependent on GPA and number of credits

Faith-based Scholarship - $1,000 awarded to graduates of any religious or parochial school

Larkin Luminary Scholarship – $500 awarded to family and friends of current students or graduates of St. Francis College

Phi Theta Kappa/Honors Program – up to $10,000 awarded to members of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society

Transfer Pathways & Articulations


Articulation Agreements

Transfer Frequently Asked Questions

Transfer Credits

How do I know what credits I will be awarded?

At your transfer registration appointment, your advisor will provide you with a detailed credit evaluation, that will list your number of transferable credits. Prior to your appointment, your official high school and college transcript(s) must be received by the admissions office. Note: Individual transcripts are required for each school attended. An “official transcript” is sent directly from your former institution to SFC, whereas an unofficial transcript is sent by you.

How will my credits be applied?

At your transfer registration appointment, you will learn of which of your credits will/will not count toward your major. If a course is not counted to your major and, is a “C” or above, it may count as an elective credit.

Not all my prior classes have transferred?

If a course that you took is not listed on your credit evaluation:

  • We may not have received your official transcript from an institution
  • We may not have the course description for the course(s) that are missing
  • The course grade is below a “C;” which is the minimum grade for possible transfer credit. Please note the P/F grades cannot receive transfer credit.

What is my program structure after credits?

In conjunction with your transfer credit evaluation, you should also view your Program Evaluation, accessible through the college’s WebAdvisor system. Your Program Evaluation will show you the list of classes required for your major, and track your progress as you complete these requirements.

Does my GPA carry over to SFC?

No, your GPA is only calculated based upon the courses you take at St. Francis College. All transfer other courses will be designated as “TF” and will not count toward your GPA.

Who can I contact for questions about credit?

Any questions related to your transfer credits can be directed to your academic advisor. Your advisor is a part of the “Center for Student Success” (CSS), the department that is responsible for registration. Additionally, you can also contact the registrar’s office.

Your First Semester Schedule

When do I receive my class schedule?

After you have been accepted, you must attend a transfer registration appointment, where you will receive your academic schedule.

My class is similar to one I have already done...

If you feel as though a course you are taking a course that is similar to a course you have already taken, please consult your academic advisor. Before meeting with your advisor, please provide us with a description from the college catalog and/or the course syllabus. Note: Schedule changes can be made during our “add/drop” period, each semester. “Add/drop” typically begins on the first day of classes and permits schedule changes up to a week after that. Please see our academic calendar for exact dates.

Advisement and Registration

What is the advisement process?

At St. Francis College, advisement is mandatory every semester, for every student. Prior to registering for courses for an upcoming semester, you must meet with their academic advisor to create your course schedule. Note: You may have a “Registration Advisement” hold on your account, which signifies that you must see your advisor before registering for classes.

Finding and contacting my academic advisor.

The name of your advisor is listed on WebAdvisor, by clicking the “Email My Advisor” link under the student menu. You can also contact the “Center for Student Success” (CSS) to determine who your advisor is. You can contact your advisor to schedule an appointment by clicking the “Email My Advisor” link through the student menu on WebAdvisor.

How do I know what classes to register for?

Your program evaluation on WebAdvisor lists all the requirements you need to complete for your declared major(s) and minor, if applicable.

Where do I find class timetables?

All course offerings a given semester are posted online on our WebAdvisor system. Students should check the academic calendar for exact dates and times of courses.

How and when do I register for classes?

All course offerings a given semester are posted online on our WebAdvisor system. Students should check the academic calendar for exact dates and times of courses.

How many credits can I take in a semester?

It is important to meet with your academic advisor each semester so that they can help you remain on track to graduate, and you can discuss the best path to obtaining a degree for your personal situation and goals.

I have a hold on my account and can't use it???

A hold is any outstanding requirement that you need to take care of before you can register. There are a number of different types of holds. Some examples of holds you may see are:

  • Registration Advisement (RA) Hold– If you have this hold, it means you haven’t yet met with your academic advisor. Make an appointment with them ASAP.
  • Student Accounts Hold (SA) – If you have this hold, it means you have an outstanding financial obligation. You should contact Student Financial Services for information on how to have this taken care of.
  • College/University Transcript Hold (CT) – If you have this hold, it means your final college/university transcript has not been received. You should have your OFFICIAL transcript sent to the Registrar’s Office.
  • Immunization/Meningitis Hold (MR) – If you have this hold, your immunization records have not been received by the college. Have your records send to the Registrar’s Office, room 2000.
  • GPA Hold (GA) – If you have this hold, it is because your GPA has fallen below a 2.0 and you are on academic probation. Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in room 3001.
  • Athletic Hold (AL) – If you have this hold, it is because you are a student athlete. You must meet with the college’s Athletics Academic Advisor in room 3001.

What if a class I need to take is closed?

You can speak with the department chairperson of the course to see if you can be given permission to be signed into the course. Permission is granted based on if there is physical space in the classroom to accommodate extra students, as well as department chair and professor approval.

Academic Policies & Procedures

How do I declare or change my major or minor?

To officially declare or change a major or minor, students should fill out a major declaration form available in the Office of the Registrar, room 2000. Some majors require departmental approval, in which case students should make an appointment with the chairperson to discuss the major.

What does it mean to withdraw from a course?

After the add/drop period ends in the beginning of each semester (students should check the academic calendar for exact dates), any classes dropped from a student’s schedule are considered withdrawals. Students who withdraw from a class will receive the mark of a “W” on their transcript.

What does "Academically at Risk" mean?

All students who have a GPA below a 2.0 are considered academically at risk and placed on academic probation. Students on probation are required to participate in the college’s “Removing Obstacles to Success” program through the advisement office to help learn skills needed for improved academic success. The students will also meet with their academic advisor for an Academic improvement plan.

What is a grade substitution?

As part of the college’s “Forgiveness Policy”, grade substitutions allow an academic dean to replace an existing F grade in a student’s GPA with another course. Please reach out to the Office of the Academic Dean for more information.

Can I take a class at another college?

Permission to take courses off campus, CLEP, or foreign language proficiency exams must be granted by an academic dean. If the course is a major related course, permission must also be given first by the department chairperson for the course, before speaking with a dean. Students should refer to the St. Francis College catalog for more information.

How do I defer a semester?

Students who take a semester off from school must complete a readmission application from the Office of the Registrar in room 2000 upon their return to St. Francis. Once the readmission application is processed, students will be allowed to meet with an academic advisor to register for classes.

Can I do independent study or field work?

Independent Study and Field Experience must be approved by the department chairperson, project mentor, and then an academic dean. Students can only take up to 6 credits in Independent Study and 6 credits in Field Experience.

Can I take more than a full-time load?

Students must be granted permission to take above 18 credits in one term. Department chairs can sign off on up to 19 credits. Any student wishing to take more than 19 credits must get approval from an academic dean.

How do I withdraw from my program?

Students who plan on fully withdrawing from the college must meet with an academic dean, who must sign off on the withdrawal. Students who do not fill out the necessary withdrawal paperwork before the start of the semester and simply do not show up for their classes will still be considered a registered student, and are liable for all financial obligations related to tuition payment. Any F or X grades earned in a course as a result of a failure to properly withdraw from classes will remain on a student’s St. Francis College transcript.

Additional Resources

Who can I speak with for academic help?

Here at St. Francis, we have a number of resources available to help students reach their fullest potential. Students can reach out to the Center for Student Success to work with their Academic Advisor or they can also reach out to the Academic Enhancement Center to sign up for free tutoring services.

How do I get help choosing a major?

Academic advisors in the Center for Student Success, room 3001, are available to meet one-on-one with students to discuss their interests and possible majors, and counsel them on their options for achieving their academic and professional goals.

How do I get help accommodating my disability?

Students needing accommodations should contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at 718-489-2047 to set up a meeting to discuss any needed accommodations. Students should be prepared to provide additional documentation regarding their need for accommodations, such as a psychoeducational evaluation, IEP, etc.

How do I get involved in Study Life Activities?

Getting involved on campus is a great way to enhance your student experience and make a difference! Here at SFC we have a wide range of student clubs, professional organizations, honor societies, intermural sports, and even fraternities and sororities! If you’d like more information please contact [email protected].

An emergency means I need to miss class...

All students who are experiencing a medical, family, personal, or other type of emergency situation that may impact their class attendance should contact the Dean of Students right away to formulate a plan for their academics.

What career services does SFC provide?

Our Career Services Center is located on the 2nd floor. The Career Services Center provides a wide range of services to students:

  • resume editing,
  • mock interviews,
  • job/internship search assistance
  • information on Graduate Programs
  • Career Fair opportunities

What mental health support is available?

Students can make appointments or stop by to speak with a counselor in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment about anything going on in their lives. For more information Please contact: [email protected] for more information

I forgot my login credentials - who can help?

Students experiencing any technical difficulties with logging into or using their student email, WebAdvisor, Canvas, or any other aspect of the SFC online portal should speak with the Student Technology Help Desk in room 4211. Students can also contact [email protected] for assistance.

Combined BS/MD Program

Pathway to Medicine Program

Are you interested in obtaining a degree in medicine and becoming a doctor in the U.S.? Join St. Francis College (SFC) and St. George University (SGU) for the opportunity to enroll in SFC’s pre-medicine program and receive streamlined admission to SGU’s School of Medicine upon successful completion of your SFC Program.

Hear From Our Transfer Students

First-Year Recruitment

Name Title Office Number Work Cell Email
Robert Oliva Vice President of Enrollment Management & Community Relations 718-489-5372 347-680-5570 [email protected]
Romello Rogers ‘19 Senior Admissions Counselor, First-Year Students Admissions 718-489-5318 917.287.4371 [email protected]
Vann Brewer ‘17 Admissions Counselor, First-Year Students Admissions 718-489-3451 917-655-0174 [email protected]
Sophia Dhu-Stewart

Director of Success Partnership

718-489-2075[email protected]

Transfer and Graduate Recruitment

SubjectTitleOffice NumberEmail
Transfer718-489-5200[email protected]
Graduate718-489-5200[email protected]
Lisa RandazzoAdmissions Counselor718-489-3323[email protected]
Sophia Dhu-StewartDirector of Success Partnership718-489-2075[email protected]

International Recruitment

Subject TitleOffice Number Email
International 718-489-5200 [email protected]
Esther HassellAssistant Director of Admissions718-489-2093[email protected]


Name Title Office Number Work Cell Email
Robert Oliva ‘04 Vice President of Enrollment Management & Community Relations 718.489.5372 347-680-5570 [email protected]

This site uses cookies

We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze website traffic. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies.