Safety and Security
St. Francis College Is Committed To Your Safety
Campus Security Report
This report is prepared as required by the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) of 1998.
The intention of the report is to provide information to students, faculty, administration and staff regarding St. Francis College's campus security policy and crimes and other specific disciplinary actions reported during the past three academic years.
- Annual Safety Report
- College Security Camera Policy
- Daily Crime Log: 2022, 2021, 2020 (PDF File)
- Dormitory Daily Crime Log
- Emergency Action Plan
- EHS Residence Guide
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
St. Francis College's classrooms and administrative offices are housed in five contiguous buildings at 180 Remsen Street, Brooklyn Heights, New York. The crime statistics reported to the Federal Government include our college location and crimes reported "on adjacent public property."
St. Francis College has prepared a short brochure with basic safety and security information about the College. Download the Safety and Security Brochure.
In addition, as required by law, you can access the last three years of security data as reported by the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Post Secondary Education. Click to see St. Francis College Data. Enter "St Francis College" (with no period after 'St') then select "Main Campus" on the following page.
If you or someone you know is or may be the victim of any form of sexual misconduct, the College strongly urges you to seek immediate assistance. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from:
- Local Police (84th Precinct) and Emergency Assistance - Call 911
- Campus Security - 718.489.5333 or, if on campus, extension 5333
- Safe Horizon Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline - 866.689.HELP (4357)
- Safe Horizon Domestic Violence Hotline - 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- The College has a partnership with Beth Israel Hospital
- NYPD Sex Crimes Report Hotline - 212.267.7273
Immediately report any unusual or suspicious activity to:
- 911 (Immediate Emergencies)
- Campus Security (718.489.5333; 718.489.5222; 718.489.5322)
- NYC SAFE (888-NYC-SAFE or [email protected])
How Do We Contact You During an Emergency?
SFCAlerts is the College's voice and text 24/7 emergency notification system.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
In the interest of maintaining the safety and security of the campus, the College requires that all members of the academic community have a properly validated identification card.
Students must carry the card at all times. Students must swipe the card upon each entrance to the College.
New students will have their ID photos taken at Orientation. ID cards can be picked up at Terrier Tuesday (for fall semester start) and during the first week of school (for summer/fall and winter/spring semester start) from the Office of Student Activities (Room 2305).
Lost ID cards may be replaced at a cost of $10.00.