Transfer Registration & Orientation Events
Registering for classes and attending orientation are an essential part of your journey into St. Francis College as a transfer student! Learn more about these important events and next steps to becoming a SFC Terrier!
Transfer Student Registration Days
Before the start of the semester, The Center for Student Success hosts multiple Transfer Student Registration Days. During these events, incoming transfer students have the opportunity to schedule one-on-one appointments with academic advisors to review their transfer credits and register for their first semester of classes at SFC.
*Please note: Transfer Student Registration Days are only open to fully accepted transfer students who have received an invitation from the Admissions office to attend. Students must RSVP through The Center for Student Success to confirm an appointment spot.
Transfer Student Orientation Sessions
After registering for classes, transfer students are required to attend a Transfer Orientation Session, where we will go over essential policies and procedures unique to SFC that you need to begin your first semester, such as:
- Your transfer credits and how they apply to your degree at SFC
- Financial aid information
- How to access to your SFC email, the MySFC web portal, and other online student services.
- Taking your Terrier student ID card photo
- Optional campus tours
Contact us today to learn more about attending your SFC orientation experience!
Fall 2018 New Student Orientation dates:
- Freshman Orientation: June 19th, June 28th, July 26th, and August 31st from 9:30am-5:00pm (Questions/Concerns? Email us at Freshmanadvisor@sfc.edu)
- Transfer Student Orientation: August 29th Daytime Session: 10am-2pm or Evening Session 4pm-8pm (Questions/Concerns? Email us at Transferadvisor@sfc.edu)
Stay tuned for more information on pre-college summer writing intensive and math workshops!
We are excited to meet you and help you on your road to success!
Christine Davis, Director of the Center for Student Success, 718-489-5338
Transfer Advisors are located in the Center for Student Success, Rm 3001
Office Hours: M-F 9:00am-5:00pm
*All transfer students with a declared major must also meet with their departmental academic advisors each semester.