Robert J. McGuire Scholarship
The Robert J. McGuire Scholarship was established in 2015 in support of St. Francis College’s mission to make possible the gift of education and opportunity for our future leaders. Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of Mr. Fred Wilpon, former chairman and CEO of the NY Mets, and his wife Judy, as well as other generous McGuire believers, the program has already provided more than $6 million in scholarships to more than 100 students.
This program has already provided program youth economic opportunities, workforce readiness. It continues to encourage entrepreneurial thinking, and leading the recipients to acquire the necessary, skills and tools needed to become successful community and business leaders.
I am privileged to be part of this wonderful effort to provide scholarship assistance to deserving students at St Francis College. There is no more powerful combination than a great educational institution, a wonderful group of donors led by Fred and Judy Wilpon and an outstanding group of young scholars for whom the future is bright. - Robert J. McGuire, Benefactor & Namesake of the Robert J. McGuire Scholarship
Receiving a scholarship is only one benefit to being a McGuire Scholar. McGuire Scholars participate in a summer orientation program and have a dedicated advisor to help plan their academic and career goals from the beginning of their studies until graduation. Scholars also receive a book stipend, invitations to special events on and off campus throughout the year.
Being an endowed scholar has allowed me to be a better version of myself for the community, my peers, and others who need a source for motivation. With this opportunity, I know there are endless possibilities and something big waiting for me at the end of the finish line. Not only a diploma, but the best version of me. – Miasia Kinloch ’19, McGuire Scholar -
- Additional scholarship opportunities of us to $9,000
- $1,000 book stipend
- Opportunity to take a free summer or intersession course ($2,580 value)
- Dedicated personal academic advisor
- Invitation to exclusive McGuire Scholar events
- Networking and Internship Opportunities
Who is Eligible?
- First time freshman entering in the fall semester
- High School students with a GPA of 85 or above
- Family Adjusted Gross Income of $125,000 or less
How to Apply:
- Submit your application to St. Francis College
- Complete and submit your Scholarship Day Essay
- Complete and submit the Robert J. McGuire Scholarship Application
- Attend our Scholarship Day event to participate in an interview with a member of the McGuire Scholarship Committee
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Friday, January 21 - Scholarship Day Essay Due
- Saturday, January 29 - Scholarship Day
**All students that apply to the Robert J. McGuire Scholarship will have their essays automatically entered into our Scholarship Day Competition. All essays will be reviewed for the chance to win one of four full tuition scholarships**
St. Francis College has many high school partnerships in New York City. To learn more about partnership opportunities with St. Francis College, please contact Admissions at 718.489.5200.