Liberal Arts A.A.
Explore a wide variety of liberal arts disciplines through this academically rigorous program.
You'll be well prepared to choose your major if you choose to progress to the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science.
This flexible 62-credit program allows students to explore a wide variety of liberal arts disciplines. Students who complete the Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts are welcome to continue at the College in one of its Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science programs.
- Intakes: fall, spring, summer
- Duration: two years full-time or part-time equivalent
- Delivery mode: online or on-campus or combination of both
- Total credits: 62
- Prepare students for more advanced study through a solid grounding in the basic skills of reading, critical thinking, writing, and quantitative methods.
- Provide students with an introduction to a variety of liberal arts disciplines.
- Help students broaden their understanding of themselves and to clarify their thinking and their goals.
The curriculum consists of 62 total credits required, 32 credits of general education, 18 liberal arts electives, and 12 free electives.
This curriculum provides appropriate breadth for the Liberal Arts degree. Assessments test mastery of learning objectives at the program, course, and department levels with eventual alignment with institutional goals. These objectives are designed to align with professional standards that liberal arts students often pursue.
American Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Economics, English, Fine Arts, French, Greek, History, Health Sciences, International Cultural Studies, Italian, Latin, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, Science, Sociology, Spanish, Social Studies, Writing