B.S, Binghamton University of The State University of New York
M.A, Binghamton University of The State University of New York
Ed.D., North Carolina State University
Dr. Gayle started her teaching career at North Carolina State University as an Adjunct Faculty in the School of Education and Psychology. She has been an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and full Professor. Dr. Gayle’s administrative experiences span numerous institutions where she served in roles from Director of Freshman Year Programs, Assistant Dean of Student Support Services, Associate Dean of Counseling Center, founding Dean of the College of Freshman Studies, Chief Academic Officer & Provost, President, Chief Online Learning Officer, Academic Director for the Athletic Tutoring Center, Housing and Resident Life Director.
Dr. Gayle’s research area is focused on underrepresented students in higher education and their academic performance. She has written on retention, progression, and completion of at-risk students. She has received over 50 awards and honors for outstanding service. Dr. Gayle has been an evaluator on the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and Middle States Commission on Higher Education, having previously guided two institutions to Middle States compliance.
Dr. Gayle has held membership in 37 organizations and has held 40 professional affiliations and or board memberships. She has published over 6 articles and book chapters, presented at over 31 local, national and international conferences. Dr. Gayle’s work has been featured in the NY Times and she’s made 5 media appearances on shows such as Katie Couric, Meet the Leaders and NJTV News.
For more information on Dr. Gayle’s many accolades, accomplishments and activities, please visit her personal website at www.galegibson.com.
Administrative Leadership Training and Certifications
- United States Army War College, National Security Seminar
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Certification in “Protecting Human Research Participants”
- KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Awareness Training Certificate
- American Cancer Society (ACS) Certified Community Health Worker
- American Association for State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) Millennium Leadership Institute (MLI) Protégé
- City University of New York Practical Project Management Graduate
- AGI Goldratt Institute - Theory of Constraints: Management Skills Workshop
- City University of New York Executive Leadership Program Graduate