Once a St Francis College student has been accepted into an international or virtual internship program, and has emailed a copy of the acceptance letter to the Director of Study Abroad, he/she may apply to be considered for a St. Francis College International and Virtual Internship Scholarship.
- Awards may be up to $500 for an International and Virtual Internship program. Note: the funds are for program fees or tuition only, and may not be used for travel, housing, or any incidental living expenses (unless these are included in the program fees).
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the semester of application.
- The student must be accepted into a qualifying international or virtual internship program at the time of application. See the most active list of qualifying programs on the SFC website.
- Application is made by submitting an essay to the Director of Study Abroad at [email protected]. See below for essay instructions.
- The essay should be submitted as soon as possible after acceptance into the chosen program.
ESSAY FORMAT AND GUIDELINES
- The essay should be typed, double-spaced, and in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- The student’s name should be at the top of each page.
- Correct form, spelling, grammar and punctuation are expected throughout.
- The application essay should be two to three pages (according to the format guidelines above).
The essay should have four paragraphs:
- Introduce yourself: name, year at SFC, major, the country (if applicable) and program, and the dates of the program.
- Explain why you were drawn to choose this program.
- Discuss what you believe that you, as an individual, personally will derive from this internship experience. Be specific.
- Discuss how you believe this internship experience will contribute to your major at SFC and your professional career.
IN ADDITION, ALL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WHEN THEY RETURN MUST EMAIL THE DIRECTOR TWO PICTURES SHOWING THEIR EXPERIENCE AND COMPLETE A QUESTIONNAIRE ABOUT THEIR TIME. THESE PHOTOS MAY BE USED BY THE SFC WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA.