Once a St Francis College student has been accepted into a faculty-led study abroad program, and has emailed a copy of the acceptance letter to the Director of Study Abroad, he/she may apply to be considered for a St. Francis College Faculty-Led Study Abroad Scholarship
- Awards may be up to $1,000 for a Faculty-Led Study Abroad program. Most programs take place in the January intersession, May minimester, or in the summer. Note: the funds are for program fees or tuition only, and may not be used for travel, housing, or any incidental living expenses (unless these are already included in the program fees).
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the semester of application.
- The student must be accepted into a qualifying faculty-led study program at the time of application. See the most active list of qualifying programs on the SFC website.
- Application is made by submitting an essay to the Director of Study Abroad at [email protected]. See below for essay instructions.
- The essay should be submitted as soon as possible after acceptance into the chosen program and no later than two weeks before the end of the semester in which you are applying: If you’re applying to a program starting in the summer/fall, apply by May 1. If you’re applying to a program starting in the spring/winter, apply by December 1.
ESSAY FORMAT AND GUIDELINES
- The essay should be typed, double-spaced, and in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- The student’s name should be at the top of each page.
- Correct form, spelling, grammar and punctuation are expected throughout.
- The application essay should be two to three pages (according to the format guidelines above).
The essay should have four paragraphs:
- Introduce yourself: name, year at SFC, major, the country, university, program where you will be studying abroad and the dates of the program.
- Explain why you were drawn to choose this country and this program.
- Discuss what you believe that you, as an individual, personally will derive from this study abroad experience. Be specific.
- Discuss how you believe this study abroad experience will contribute to your major at SFC
IN ADDITION, ALL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WHEN THEY RETURN MUST EMAIL THE DIRECTOR TWO PICTURES SHOWING THEIR STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE AND COMPLETE A QUESTIONNAIRE ABOUT THEIR TIME STUDYING ABROAD. THESE PHOTOS MAY BE USED BY THE SFC WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA.