Study in New Zealand
St. Francis College and The University of Waikato in Hamilton, New Zealand are study abroad partners!
New Zealand is a small yet mighty country located in the South Pacific; its closest neighbors include Australia and Fiji. A study and travel experience in New Zealand is transformative, you will join a world-class education system, meet friendly locals, see amazing sights and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
The University of Waikato is located in Hamilton, New Zealand's fourth largest city and the perfect launching point for exploring. Daily life in Hamilton is relaxed, housing is of a high standard, locals are friendly, and you don't have to compete with heavy traffic such as the one found in Auckland. Hamilton is surrounded by some of the best surf beaches in the world and great cafes!
- Stunning landscapes - New Zealand is surrounded by mountains, beaches and rainforests to explore
- Climate - The very mild climate allows you to get out and explore throughout the year
- Happiness - New Zealand has been ranked 8th happiest country in the world
- Safety - New Zealand has been ranked the number 1 safest English-speaking country in the globe
Meet wonderful, welcoming New Zealand students
The University of Waikato has been ranked in the top 1.1% of universities worldwide as well as being considered one of the friendliest universities in the entire country. This institution is committed to ensuring that international students have a very enjoyable and rewarding academic experience during your study period.
Just like SFC, the University of Waikato offers a small class size experience, where students will have the opportunity to work closely with an amazing faculty staff, tutors and a very welcoming community. Almost all courses at Waikato are open to study abroad and exchange students.
Click here for a list of full courses available at the University of Waikato.
- Waikato’s beautiful campus is only ½ hour from Raglan Beach
- See beautiful New Zealand beaches, cities and towns
- Visit Australia 3 hours away
- Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa, and many more Pacific islands are also in your neighborhood