What is the Student Ambassadors Program?
Student Ambassadors are an exceptional group of students who are selected to promote and represent SFC. This is a leadership program designed to develop and enhance the skills of students who are dedicated to promoting the College in a positive manner. The Student Ambassador Program at SFC is a prestigious program open to students by application only.
Who are Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are full-time students chosen from a very competitive applicant pool based on the merits of:
- Academic achievement
- Involvement with campus activities
- Proven and potential leadership qualities
- Knowledge about campus services and facilities
- Enthusiasm for sharing Terrier Pride with others
What do Student Ambassadors do?
SFC Student Ambassadors provide prospective students and their families with an authentic representation of the SFC experience. They are positive, well-informed ambassadors, whose primary role is to make prospective students and their families feel welcome, informed, and excited about SFC in a multitude of ways.
- Special Event Ambassadors
- Digital Ambassadors
- Social Media Ambassadors
- International Ambassadors
- Campus Tour Ambassadors
- College Fair Ambassadors
- Welcome Ambassadors
Why Should I be a Student Ambassador?
There are many incentives and perks that Student Ambassadors enjoy, including:
- Develop and enhance professional skills, including leadership, public speaking, writing, marketing, social media, event planning, and public relations
- Improve personal development, including confidence, organization, time management, and team work
- Make connections with new and continuing students that last a lifetime
- Networking opportunities with SFC staff and alumni
- Free SFC gear, including an exclusive Student Ambassadors uniform
- Earn incentives like an SFC bookstore gift card
- Make an impact by providing input that shapes the Office of Admissions’ services and inspires prospective students
- Attend exciting events
- Earn volunteer hours
How do I become a Student Ambassador?
A complete Student Ambassador application consists of:
- Student Ambassador Application
- Unofficial SFC Transcript
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation
Student Ambassadors must:
- Be in full-time attendance (enrolled in 12 credits or more)
- Have completed at least one semester at SFC
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing (min. 2.5 GPA)
- Be positive role models with a sincere interest in recruitment and representing SFC for at least one year