Welcome to St. Francis College!
Choosing the right college is a big decision and that's why the Office of Admissions will be with you every step of the way.
We encourage you to meet with an admissions counselor to discuss everything about the admissions process, including requirements and scholarship opportunities. Our top priority is easing your transition from high school to college.
Here's just a few reasons why we stand out:
- For the last seven years, U.S. News & World Report has ranked St. Francis College as one of the Best Regional Colleges in the North.
- From Accounting and Communication Arts to Psychology and Nursing, St. Francis College offers an extensive, well-rounded comprehensive and liberal arts education.
- Our extensive selection of minors and concentrations let you explore different paths to personalize your degree while introductory (core) courses help you discover new subjects that best fit your personality and talents.
- If you're undecided, your advisor will help guide you closer to your goal - becoming one of tomorrow's leaders!
- 21 men's and women's NCAA Division I Athletic Teams ranging from bowling and soccer to water polo and tennis
Freshman Admissions Requirements
Applicants seeking an Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree must present an official transcript from an approved secondary school. All accepted freshman are required to take a skills assessment administered online by St. Francis College. Students who do not possess a high school diploma must present a recognized High School Equivalency Diploma transcript of their NY State (or other) General Education test scores and a copy of their certificate.
Students who have achieved a high school GPA of 71 or above will be fully admitted to the institution. Students who have a GPA between 65 and 70 may participate in our conditional admittance program on a case by case basis.
Transfer students seeking an associates or bachelor's degree must present an official transcript of all previous undergraduate course work.
Applicant's with a cumulative undergraduate GPA below a 2.0 can be conditionally admitted on a case by case basis. Learn more about transferring and completing your degree at St. Francis College.
Transfer Tracker: a new gateway for prospective transfer students
Start planning your upcoming semesters using St. Francis College's new Transfer Tracker which simplifies the transfer process by helping you discover which credits will transfer to SFC.
The Transfer Tracker makes it easier than ever to calculate how close you are to earning your degree without needing to submit your transcript. Learn More.
Protect your tuition payments before classes begin. Tuition Insurance can reimburse your non-refundable tuition and housing costs if you need to leave school for a covered illness, injury, and more. Learn more.