Important COVID-19 Updates: Looking Ahead to Spring 2022
Dear SFC Community,
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we enter the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate the steps you continue to take to protect your health and the health of those around you.
We want to provide some important reminders and updates for when we return from Winter Break. We continue to monitor the public health guidance and anticipate proceeding in the Spring 2022 semester as we did in the Fall, with the continuation of in-person instruction and the resumption of our full campus life which adds to the richness of our community.
SFC VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
The College requires that all students, faculty and staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and upload proof as a condition of accessing College buildings (including the residence hall) during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Except for those with approved medical and/or religious exemptions, all other individuals intending to access campus in Spring 2022 must upload proof of full vaccination as a condition of being on campus.
The College continues to strongly encourage all SFC eligible students, faculty, and staff to receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before returning to campus in Spring 2022 and upload proof by January 18, 2022.
Students, faculty and staff who are not eligible by January 18, 2022 are strongly encouraged to get a booster dose and upload proof as soon as they become eligible (within 7 days) as soon as they become eligible (within 7 days).
FREE COVID-19 VACCINATIONS, BOOSTERS & TESTING | JAN. 16, 19, 20 | ON CAMPUS
St. Francis College is offering free walk-up COVID-19 vaccinations, boosters, and testing for SFC students and employees in the days leading up to the start of classes:
- Sunday, 1/16, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. | 97 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY
- Wednesday, 1/19, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. | 180 Remsen St., Brooklyn NY
- Thursday, 1/20, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. | 180 Remsen St., Brooklyn NY
Walk-up appointments only, no pre-registration. Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHERE TO OBTAIN A BOOSTER SHOT
- Visit the Am I ELIGIBLE tool to schedule an appointment at an NYS-operated vaccination site. Walk-in appointments are accepted at NYS sites for all eligible individuals.
- Find a vaccination site by visiting https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/ and choose your preferred brand from the “Any vaccine” drop-down.
- For pop-up and mobile sites, head to NYC’s Vaccine Command Center.
- Call 877-VAX-4NYC (877-829-4692) for help finding a city-run vaccination site.
- To schedule a free in-home vaccination, visit https://forms.cityofnewyork.us/f/home or call 1-877-829-4692.
- Ask your doctor, pharmacist, or community health center about booster shots. Check your local pharmacy’s website (e.g., Walgreens).
- To find a nearby provider, search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our most important priority has always been the health and safety of our community and to ensure that the academic enterprise is maintained throughout the process.
We will be back in touch with you to provide updates in the days ahead. Until then, we wish you, your families, and friends the very best in the New Year. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].
Back to Brooklyn Task Force
Stanley Bazile, Ph.D., Chief Student Affairs Officer and Dean of Students
Andrew Cornicello, Head Athletic Trainer
Hayley Dryer, Vice President and General Counsel
Edward Evans, Director of Security
Richard Grasso, Executive Director of Human Resources
Matt Hogan, Executive Director of IT Operations and Client Services
Jennifer Lancaster, Ph.D., VP of Academic Affairs and Academic Dean
David Loutfi, Director of Event Management, Facility Rentals and Campus Security
Monica Michalski, AVP of Student Support & Academic Operations
Alison Minotti, Director of Financial Affairs
Kevin O'Rourke, VP of Facilities Management and Capital Projects
Tearanny Street, Executive Director of Marketing, Communications, and Special Events
Linda Werbel, VP of Government and Community Relations