Welcome to the St. Francis College Voter Registration page. You'll find instructions here on how to register to vote.
SFC actively promotes student voter registration for two main reasons:
- The reauthorization of the Higher Education Act in 1998 requires colleges and universities to make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration forms to students.
- Registering and voting are actions of an informed citizenry, which is a key goal within the College's Mission Statement.
Qualifications to Register to Vote (NY):
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file a form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Information on voter registration deadlines from the New York State Board of Elections
You can ask for a hard copy registration form in the Office of Student Activities (Room 2305).