St. Francis College is committed to providing support to students to prepare them for today's competitive job market as well as tools to help them excel in their chosen fields.
Career planning is an ongoing process that begins early in the St. Francis College experience, and the Career Center provides numerous resources and programs to help students explore, select, and pursue a meaningful career.
We guide students on comprehensive strategies to start on a successful career search, including; employment agencies, career fairs, networking, websites, newspapers, professional associations, chambers of commerce, job search clubs, informational interviewing, etc. We also connect students to our active network of alumni mentors.
Career Center Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9AM to 5PM
Summer Hours: Fridays (Closed July - August)
Bridge to Your Dreams Career Fair | April 10 | 1 - 4 P.M. | Genovesi Center
SFC students and alumni can land their perfect job or internship with one of about 140 organizations taking part in the annual SFC Career Fair. Employers represent a range of fields including arts, communications, education, entertainment, financial services, government, healthcare, media, medical sciences, politics/law, social sciences, and technology.
- Selecting or refining career goals and interests
- Developing resumes, cover letters and thank you letters
- Finding and applying for internships or full-time employment
- Interviewing and networking guidance
Terrier JobLink is St. Francis College’s innovative, user- friendly online job bank and web-based recruiting system, powered by Symplicity. Through Terrier JobLink, employers may post jobs and internships for SFC students and alumni, schedule on-campus recruitment, update company and/or organization profiles, and arrange resume collections.
Registration for Terrier JobLink is free and takes only a few minutes. Simply go to https://sfc-csm.symplicity.com/employers and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Crushing the College Employment Hunt
- Grad's Guide to Getting Hired
- How to Nail Your Next Interview
- How to Personalize Your Hunt for Jobs Online
- Navigating the College Career Fair
- Nursing Job Interviews - Everything You Need To Know
- Nursing Resume - The Ultimate Guide
- 40 Leaders in Nurse Education Share Their Best Advice for Getting Hired
- Returning to Your Career: A Guide to Coping with Career Transition Stress
Thinking of attending graduate or professional school? Each year, the Career Center leads a workshop to show the wide range of options available, even if your graduate school plans are a few years away.
Our office also has materials and resources concerning this topic. Stop by or call 718-489-5360 to schedule an appointment.
- Medical School Admissions Roadmap
- Grad School Admissions Roadmap
- Law School Admissions Roadmap
- GoGrad, Your Guide to Online Graduate Programs
- Guide to Graduate Schools
- Guide to Online Master's Programs and Graduate Degrees
- Graduate Student Financial Aid Guidebook
- Your Guide to Taking the GRE