Shaka King, director and co-screenwriter of the 2021 Academy Award-nominated film "Judas and the Black Messiah," will discuss his work and career with screenwriter and playwright Ben Snyder, the dramatic writing coordinator for St. Francis College's MFA program, on May 6 at 7 p.m., as the latest guest in the College's Write in Brooklyn discussion series.
MFA in Creative Writing
Brooklyn is Online!
In continued recognition of our need for collective safety, we are pleased to announce that our January 2021 residency will run online from the 2nd to the 20th.
Our NYC location means we bring the publishing industry to our students, running daily roundtables and panel discussions with top agents, editors and publishers. Our 6-to-1 student to faculty ratio offers an intimate, focused environment for aspiring writers to flourish in our downtown Brooklyn community.
- Priority Application Deadline: November 6th
- Guaranteed Priority Registration
- 1:1 Appointment with Graduate Program Director Upon Enrollment
- Limited Edition SFC Gear Upon Enrollment
- Application Deadline (Standard): January 4th to 2nd
- 10 pages of poetry, or 20 to 25 pages of fiction, or a full length play (applicants may apply in one or more genres).
- Fiction manuscripts should be typewritten, single sided, double-spaced, numbered in the lower right-hand corner, and in Times Roman 12-point font.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate coursework.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose (500 words max) detailing how the applicant plans to meet the challenges of the MFA program and life as a working writer.