Man Booker Prize Winner and National Book Award Finalist Marlon James will return to St. Francis College as an instructor in the College's Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program this summer, joining a roster of accomplished professional writers guiding students fully online.
MFA in Creative Writing
Brooklyn is Online!
In recognition of our collective need for safety, we are pleased to announce that our July 5th-15th residency this 2020 will run online.
Work with MFA faculty Marlon James as we welcome him back this summer at our 2020 online residency.
Our NYC location means we bring the publishing industry to our students, running daily roundtables and panel discussions with top agents, editors and publishers. Our 6-to-1 student to faculty ratio offers an intimate, focused environment for aspiring writers to flourish in our downtown Brooklyn community.
Application Deadlines: June 7 (Summer 2020)
Please email the following in a pdf or word file to MFA@sfc.edu
- 10 pages of poetry, or 20 to 25 pages of fiction, or a full length play (applicants may apply in one or more genres).
- Fiction manuscripts should be typewritten, single sided, double-spaced, numbered in the lower right-hand corner, and in Times Roman 12-point font.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate coursework.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose (500 words max) detailing how the applicant plans to meet the challenges of the MFA program and life as a working writer.