St. Francis College awarded 335 students undergraduate and graduate degrees this spring, capping off an academic year that began with welcoming the College's largest ever first-year class and ending with the promise of a significant re-opening of campus facilities for the fall 2021 semester.
MFA in Creative Writing
Brooklyn is Online!
Our summer 2021 virtual residency will run online from July 5th to July 25th.
Our NYC location means we bring the publishing industry to our students, running daily roundtables and panel discussions with top agents, editors and publishers. Our 6-to-1 student to faculty ratio offers an intimate, focused environment for aspiring writers to flourish in our downtown Brooklyn community.
Application Deadline: June 11th
- Guaranteed Priority Registration
- 1:1 Appointment with Graduate Program Director Upon Enrollment
- Limited Edition SFC Gear Upon Enrollment
- 10 pages of poetry, or 20 to 25 pages of fiction, or a full length play (applicants may apply in one or more genres).
- Fiction manuscripts should be typewritten, single sided, double-spaced, numbered in the lower right-hand corner, and in Times Roman 12-point font.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate coursework.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose (500 words max) detailing how the applicant plans to meet the challenges of the MFA program and life as a working writer.