Live and Study in the City of Lights!
Take classes in Paris with French and international students and expand your cultural understanding. You’ll be able to fulfill credits towards your major, minor, or college requirements by choosing between 16 different Parisian universities, each specializing in a unique academic field. You can also immerse yourself in the French language and culture by taking courses at the MICEFA center in central Paris. Immersion is not just for the classroom, though: you will go on trips to celebrated sites around France as well as local spots in Paris to enrich your cultural experience and understanding.
What the MICEFA program offers:
- Pre-departure advising and visa documents
- On-site staff
- 24/7 emergency phone
- Optional temporary housing upon arrival (billed at cost)
- A 3-week intensive session with orientation meetings, French courses, and cultural activities - worth 3 university credits (350€)
- Personalized academic advising
- Direct enrollment in one of our 16 member universities
- Courses in French and English (all levels of French available)
- In-house MICEFA courses in varying subjects
- Assistance in arranging permanent housing - access to MICEFA's landlords, host families, and dorms
- Assistance with opening a French bank account, obtaining a titre de séjour, choosing a cell phone plan, making doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Full-service office with internet, computer, and printing access
- Events and excursions around Paris and France (all are optional and some may be billed at cost 10€-40€)
- Resources for finding student jobs and internships
- Counseling resources
- 3-week intensive language session (cost: 350€)
- Optional temporary housing (cost: around 390€)
One-Month Summer programs also available:
The Medicine and Public Health Program is designed for 1st and 2nd year students in public health, medicine, and nursing, pre-med, pre-nursing, health science and social work. Students earn up to 4 credits, taking a 3-week course and a 1-week observation at a partner university and teaching hospital.
The program fee is 2250 Euros (about $2500).
The fee includes cultural excursions, day trips, and other activities, a transportation pass, as well as housing for the duration of the program at the Foyer International des étudiants, located in the Latin Quarter in the heart of Paris, near the Luxembourg gardens.
On the Language and Culture program, you earn up to 4 credits of French language courses at the prestigious Catholic Institute of Paris. No prior French ability is required! You will take an online placement exam to determine the level of French you will take in Paris.
The program fee 2600 Euros (about $3000 dollars)
The fee includes cultural excursions, day trips, and other activities, a transportation pass, as well as one-month housing for the duration of the program at the Cité Internationale Universitaire, and for a small additional fee you can do a home stay if you’d prefer.
For additional information and how to apply, please contact Dr. Daniel Benson
Contact Dr. Daniel Benson for more information.
Associate Professor, Foreign Languages, Fine Arts, and International Cultural Studies Departments