#BuildYourDream SFC Student Pitch Competition
The Center for Entrepreneurship is sponsoring a student entrepreneur pitch competition due February 28, 2023. The competition is open to SFC students with a business idea or early-stage business that supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Students compete for three cash prices to fuel their startup:
- Prize $500
- Price $250
- Prize $100
All pitch participants receive a certificate of participation and feedback from the judges.
Every attendee will get five minutes to win the judges. To wow the audience you need to provide the following:
- a clear description of your existing business and/or idea
- validation of the market opportunity with market research stats or initial traction (for existing businesses)
- how the business supports one or more UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). For example, what is the social or environmental impact of your business?
- how you use technology as a competitive advantage
Format: PowerPoint or Google slides. 3-4 slides max. A template will be provided to registered students.
Here is how to participate:
- Register here by Feb. 28, 2023, to secure your spot to compete at the end of March live pitch event
- Participate in one of the upcoming Zoom calls about the SFC pitch competition to get the pitch template, understand the criteria, and get feedback on your idea (see details below)
- Finalize your presentation by March 27: be available to pitch on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 12:50-2:50 pm, onsite at the SFC auditorium.
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at SFC to participate.
- You must have a business idea or an existing business that is less than 1 year old.
Attend a #BuildYourDream Info Session about the Pitch Competition on Zoom
- Feb. 14, 3-3:30 p.m. ET
- Feb. 21, Noon-1 p.m. ET
Registered pitch teams, you can get feedback prior to your big moment on stage:
- March 7, 12-1 p.m. ET
- March 20, 1-2 p.m. ET