Coronavirus Update: Safety Measures and Travel Guidance
St. Francis College continues to actively monitor the spread of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and evaluate the potential impact to our community. The well-being of our students, faculty, staff, campus visitors and their families remains our top priority.
There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at St. Francis College. The College is operating normally: all classes, activities, and events are on their standard schedules under usual rules and policies. To date, no changes have been made to our study- and travel-abroad programs. Members of our community should refer to U.S. State Department recommendations regarding their own foreign travel, including over the upcoming Spring break.
Please be assured that St. Francis College has plans in place should the situation with COVID-19 change and warrant extra precautions to safeguard health. We will update you on those if they come into play. Please take a moment to ensure your contact information is current and accurate in SFCAlerts, our emergency alert system: https://www.sfc.edu/studentlife/sfcalerts
In the meantime, please remember that symptoms of COVID-19 can mimic those of flu or cold. Anyone who does not feel well should stay home and seek appropriate medical attention.
Please continue to practice good habits to prevent the spread of all respiratory illnesses. These include:
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands
- Washing your hands often with soap and water. Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you can't wash
- Staying home if you are not feeling well
- Avoiding contact with sick people
- Getting the flu shot. It is not too late and flu vaccines help keep us healthy
The following resources provide additional information about COVID-19:
- New York State Department of Health
- New York City Health Department
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
We are committed to keeping you informed about this developing situation. If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19, please contact Elizabeth Giugliano RN, St. Francis College's Manager of Student Health Services ([email protected]). Also, please check our Coronavirus Information webpage for updates.