SFC Forward: A Bold Vision for 2023 & Beyond
In January 2018, as the newly selected 19th President of this amazing institution, I delivered my inauguration speech, "What the World Needs Now – A Cosmopolitan Vision for St. Francis College." I shared the foundation of a strategic vision that would bring forth a new chapter in SFC's history, strengthening our 160+ year legacy for decades to come.
From 2018 to the present, the Planning Council, which consists of faculty, staff, students and administrators, worked collaboratively to gain wider community feedback and formalize a multi-year strategic plan to bring this bold, transformative vision to life. The COVID-19 pandemic threatened to impede our progress; however, we reassessed and reimagined our approach to meet the present-day challenges and to remain nimble in our future growth.
Today, I am proud to present our new strategic plan "SFC Forward: A Bold Vision for 2023 and Beyond," which will shape the College's future in five critical areas:
- Driven by Dreams: Strengthen a Dynamic, Innovative and Franciscan Academic Culture
- At the Global Crossroads: Expand and Deepen International Programs
- Greatness Within: Embrace a Diverse Campus Culture Consistent with Our Franciscan Mission
- The Brightest Future: Build Character, Capital and Campus
- College of Opportunity: Harness the Power of Our Story
This is an exciting time to be part of the SFC family and we want to keep you informed as we collectively reach Vision 2023 together. The President and Cabinet will discuss elements of Vision 2023 at a campus-wide Virtual Town Hall during the week of April 5, 2021.
For more information, visit the SFC Forward webpage.