Financial Economics, Political Economy, Public Finance, Economics of Information & Uncertainty
B.A., Universidad de La Habana (Cuba)
M.A., New School for Social Reseach
Ph.D., City University of New York
Dr. Julio Huato is a professor of economics at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York. His main areas of research are financial economics, public finance, political economy. He is currently conducting research on the economics of modern technology. He has published a number of papers in economic and multidisciplinary journals. Before St. Francis College, Dr. Huato taught economics and finance at Drew University, the Ramapo College of New Jersey, SUNY Purchase, and the Universidad Autónoma Chapingo (Mexico). He earned a doctoral degree in economics at the City University of New York - Graduate Center, with finance and international economics as his fields of specialization. He also received an M.A. in economics at the New School for Social Research, and a B.A. in statistics and planning at the Universidad de La Habana (Cuba). He has been a long-standing member of a number of professional organizations. He is the executive editor of the quarterly journal Science & Society. He is originally from Mexico and has lived in Brooklyn, New York since 1998.
Recent Referred Publications:
- Huato, J (with D Basu, J Lara, and E Wasner), “World Profit Rates 1960-2019” (forthcoming in the Review of Political Economy. Working paper draft; https://scholarworks.umass.edu/econ_workingpaper/318/
- Huato, J (with A Chávez) (2021), “The Effects of Covid-Related Income Loss on Anxiety and Depression,” Eastern Economic Journal, 47:4, pp. 546-70. https://rdcu.be/cwo2g
- Huato, J (2020), “The Reproductive Structure of a Global Socialist Society, Science & Society, 84:2, pp. 165-170. https://guilfordjournals.com/doi/10.1521/siso.2020.84.2.165
- Huato, J (2019), “The Statistical Physics of a Private Ownership Society,” Science & Society, 83:2, pp. 184-214. https://guilfordjournals.com/doi/10.1521/siso.2019.83.2.184
Other Recent Publications:
- Huato, J. (2023), Five Thesis on the Political Economy of Digital Technology (submitted for publication to the journal Science & Society), https://docs.google.com/docume...
- Huato, J. (2021), World Profitability Dashboard, with D. Basu, J. Lara, and E. Wasner. https://dbasu.shinyapps.io/World-Profitability/
- Huato, J. (2020), The Statistical Physics of a Private-Ownership Society: Mathematical Appendix, https://1drv.ms/b/s!AriHSRi3Nvdug021EuJfNsT8OPzr?e=5QA0GF
- Huato, J. (2020), “The Fed as a Class Warrior,” Medium, 3/21, https://link.medium.com/dwws6xD7D7
- Huato, J. (2019), “On the Cost of a Decent Public Sector, Medium, 3/31, https://link.medium.com/YUBibJA7D7