Evolutionary Studies Collaborative
The Mission of the Evolutionary Studies Collaborative is to advance the study and discussion of evolution at St. Francis College using an interdisciplinary approach by:
- including objective and unbiased references to evolution, whether through natural selection, sexual selection, social selection, or cultural selection in a range of courses across disciplines;
- fostering discussions about biological, psychological, or cultural evolution in the classroom or on campus;
- promoting via campus events a greater awareness and understanding of evolution in its multiple dimensions.
The Goals of ESC include (but are not limited to):
- coordinating meetings with students and professors who wish to discuss evolution (and to find ways of incorporating evolutionary studies in courses);
- creating on-campus workshops or symposia highlighting the importance of an evolutionary perspective to learning and teaching across disciplines;
- encouraging students to offer periodic *Evolution Everywhere* presentations (in class, on campus, or via a Collaborative-related blog);
- holding public events on campus;
- inviting speakers to campus;
- conducting field trips;
- working with the ASEBL Journal and blog (especially in terms of a biennial Moral Sense Colloquium);
- initiating a stand-alone blog (with student involvement) devoted entirely to evolutionary studies at SFC;
- engaging with other evolutionary studies programs at other colleges.