The St. Francis College High School Bridge Plus Program is designed for High School students who are interested in receiving college credits and the necessary preparation and guidance to succeed in college at an affordable cost.
Through this innovative model, students take SFC coursework at their own high school, taught by their own high school teachers. The Bridge Plus Program identifies upper-level high school courses as comparable to introductory college courses, and awards credits to students who complete them. Participating students benefits from:
- Gaining college-level credit that transfers to SFC degrees or other institutions.
- Commencing college with some requirements fulfilled already, saving time and money.
- Receiving official SFC transcripts for the courses completed under the Bridge Plus Program.
Additionally, the “Plus” component of our program focuses on assisting students to build college readiness skills and gain the support necessary for success through customized programming, workshops and info sessions which are tailored to the needs of our participating students.
The courses available depend on the specific arrangements of the Bridge Plus Program with each participating high school. In the 2020-2021 academic year the coursework that was offered included but was not limited to:
Business, Sociology, Political Science, Accounting, Language, Math, Marketing, Religion, Writing, Biology, Chemistry, English, Fine Arts, History, Information Technology, Communications, Physics, Criminal Justice and Entrepreneurship.
The partner high school will help determine if students are at a high enough level academically to succeed in High School Bridge coursework. However, students must satisfy the following High School Bridge Plus General Eligibility Requirements:
- High School Bridge Plus students must be in 11th or 12th grade to participate in High School Bridge coursework.
- High School Bridge Plus students must have completed all pre-requisite coursework to participate in a High School Bridge course. Pre-requisites will be determined by St. Francis College and the high school.
High School Bridge courses are offered at a significant discount. Each SFC course costs $70 per credit:
- 3-credit course costs $210
- 4-credit course costs $280
Interested students should reach out to their Guidance Counsellor at their respective high school for more information about available courses and how to apply.