Shaping Successful Careers
The Center for Career Exploration brings students and alumni together with employers and external partners to launch careers and foster talent. With our help, students explore, select and pursue meaningful careers while employers find recruiting plans and opportunities tailored to fit their needs.
Learn On Your Own Time
How We Can Help
Our Service Model
We work with students and alumni through one-on-one, group advisement and workshops to:
- Explore majors and careers
- Gain Industry knowledge
- Discover self and career interests
We help students and alumni to prepare for:
- Internships, part-time and full-time career opportunities
- Meaningful career exploration and experiences
We partner with students, faculty, staff, employers and community members to:
- Develop talent pipelines
- Connect students with career opportunities
- Prepare for the ever-changing workforce
Graduate Student Advising
Thinking of attending graduate or professional school? Each year, the Career Center leads a workshop to show the wide range of options available — even if your graduate school plans are a few years away.
Contact our office through SFC's Handshake Portal or email us at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
Meet Our Staff
- Gerald Tang | Assistant Dean for Career Integration
- Amy Drakesmith | Director of Employer Engagement
- Christopher Hughes | Associate Director of Experiential Learning and Internships
- Daisy Saldana | Associate Director of Career Development
- Delasia Rice | Career Counselor
- Gabriella Zink | Career Counselor
Appointments for Students
Schedule a career advisement appointment through SFC's Navigate App.
Appointments for Alumni
CCE Mission Statement
The Center for Career Exploration aims to inspire students and alumni to take ownership of their career development; share perspective regarding the work environment; offer career-related services, resources and information; and provide access to opportunities to gain professional experience — all of which will move them along the path toward fulfilling their dreams and maximizing their contribution.
The Center for Career Exploration team is proud to be part of many regional and national professional organizations including the following: