Sexual Harassment Assault Response and Education
St. Francis College seeks to maintain a safe learning, living and working environment.
In furtherance of the Franciscan Spirit, and in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its implementing regulations (“Title IX”), the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act of 2013 (“VAWA”), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VII”), Article 129-B of the New York State Education Law (“Article 129-B”), the New York State and New York City Human Rights Laws (“NYSHRL” and “NYCHRL”), and all other applicable law, the College is committed to maintaining a community free from all forms of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
In accordance with Title IX, the College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities that it operates, including admissions and employment.
If you or someone you know is or may be the victim of any form of sexual misconduct, the College strongly urges you to seek immediate assistance. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from:
- New York State Hotline for Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence 800.942.6906
- New York State Office of Victim Services 800.247.8035
- Local Police (84th Precinct) and Emergency Assistance - Call 911
- Campus Security - 718.489.5333 or, if on campus, extension 5333
- Safe Horizon Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline - 866.689.HELP (4357)
- Safe Horizon Domestic Violence Hotline - 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- The College has a partnership with Beth Israel Hospital
- NYPD Sex Crimes Report Hotline - 212.267.7273
The following two videos are student made Public Service Announcement:
The following PSA was produced by It's On Us: