Sexual Harassment Assault Response and Education
The health, safety, and well-being of all members of the St. Francis College community are our primary concerns.
In furtherance of the Franciscan Spirit, and in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”) and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act/Campus Sexual Violence Act (“Campus SaVE Act”), the College is committed to maintaining a community free from all forms of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
Sexual misconduct includes a broad range of behaviors that will not be tolerated in the College’s education programs or activities or in its employment. The College strictly prohibits sexual harassment and sexual violence, including the offenses of sexual assault, sexual coercion, sexual exploitation, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking.
If you or someone you know is or may be the victim of any form of sexual misconduct, the College strongly urges you to seek immediate assistance. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from:
- New York State Hotline for Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence 800.942.6906
- New York State Office of Victim Services 800.247.8035
- Local Police (84th Precinct) and Emergency Assistance - Call 911
- Campus Security - 718.489.5333 or, if on campus, extension 5333
- Safe Horizon Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline - 866.689.HELP (4357)
- Safe Horizon Domestic Violence Hotline - 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- The College has a partnership with Beth Israel Hospital
- NYPD Sex Crimes Report Hotline - 212.267.7273
The following two videos are student made Public Service Announcement:
The following PSA was produced by It's On Us: