You are Welcome here Scholarship
The #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship was developed as a result of U.S. higher education institutions’ commitment to providing a welcoming, safe and diverse environment to international students. SFC is proud to support this initiative by offering two annual, renewable scholarships for up to four years of study that are worth of 50% of tuition at the time of initial acceptance. The scholarships are open to first-year international students admitted for undergraduate degree, seeking to study at SFC. Successful applicants will be dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will submit a 500-1000 word written essay or a 2-5 minute video about their leadership skills and ideas for utilizing those skills to advance intercultural learning and understanding at SFC.
- Be a first-year international (F-1 Visa) applicant to SFC for the incoming Fall semester. (Transfer students are ineligible to apply)
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Complete a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video answering the prompt provided in the application. (If choosing the essay format, the essay should be attached to your application submission as a pdf or word document, size 12 Times New Roman Font, Double spaced.)
How to Apply
- Apply to SFC by February 1, 2021.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 2, 2021.
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit to SFC by May 1.
- Scholarship can be renewed for up to 4 years (Fall and Spring semesters only).
- Participate in at least 10 hours of cultural sharing and engagement with the local community.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Enroll and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits (exception may be granted) for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Apply for Admission to SFC: February 1, 2021
- Submit Scholarship Application: February 2, 2021
- Make Enrollment Deposit: May 1, 2021