St. Francis College is committed to providing support to students to prepare them for today's competitive job market as well as tools to help them excel in their chosen fields.
Career planning is an ongoing process that begins early in the St. Francis College experience, and the Career Center provides numerous resources and programs to help students explore, select, and pursue a meaningful career.
We guide students on comprehensive strategies to start on a successful career search, including; employment agencies, career fairs, networking, websites, newspapers, professional associations, chambers of commerce, job search clubs, informational interviewing, etc. We also connect students to our active network of alumni mentors.
Career Center Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9AM to 5PM
Summer Hours: Fridays (Closed July - August)
Room 2311 (directly across from the 2nd floor elevators)
- Selecting or refining career goals and interests
- Developing resumes, cover letters and thank you letters
- Finding and applying for internships or full-time employment
- Interviewing and networking guidance
Terrier JobLink is St. Francis College’s brand new, innovative, user- friendly online job bank and web-based recruiting system, powered by Symplicity. Through Terrier JobLink, employers may post jobs and internships for SFC students and alumni, schedule on-campus recruitment, update company and/or organization profiles, and arrange resume collections.
Registration for Terrier JobLink is free and takes only a few minutes. Simply go to https://sfc-csm.symplicity.com/employers and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Crushing the College Employment Hunt
- Grad's Guide to Getting Hired
- Navigating the College Career Fair
- Timelines, Tools and Tips for Networking in College
- Nursing Job Interviews - Everything You Need To Know
- Nursing Resume - The Ultimate Guide
- 40 Leaders in Nurse Education Share Their Best Advice for Getting Hired
Thinking of attending graduate or professional school? Each year, the Career Center leads a workshop to show the wide range of options available, even if your graduate school plans are a few years away.
Our office also has materials and resources concerning this topic. Stop by or call 718-489-5360 to schedule an appointment.