Your Exciting Career in the Fast-Paced World of Communication Arts
Editing for Game of Thrones. Interviewing Kanye West. Producing and Directing an Award Winning Movie.
These are just some of the things St. Francis Communication Arts students have gone on to do after graduation.
New York City is an extended part of the classroom, giving students access to incredible internships
Students at St. Francis put their talents to use in an HDTV studio and black box theater while using programs like Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premiere to create their own programs and publications.
The Communication Arts department at St. Francis College offers a wide range of courses in advertising, film and broadcasting, voice, theater and related areas. Communication arts majors choose from one of four concentrations:
- Advertising / Public Relations
- Digital Media: Film, Broadcasting and Journalism
- Performance Studies
- English & Communications
New York City is an extended part of the classroom, giving students access to incredible internships at places like The Wendy Williams Show, WABC, and the New York Mets, as well as large and small advertising agencies.
From internships come great jobs, like for these SFC alumni:
- Sandra Schron '95 is Senior Vice President for Marketing Production at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and oversees: Oxygen Media, Syfy Channel Productions, Bravo Media, Esquire Network, USA Network, E! Entertainment Television, Chiller, and Sprout
- Terrisha Kearse '05 wrote, directed and produced two feature films including 10-20 which won the HBO Best Feature Film Award at the 2009 Martha’s Vineyard Film Festival
- Thomas Lindsay ’07 was Digital Dailies Manager for the first season of Game of Throne. He was also assistant editor for TV show Smash and various movies.
- Ken Bruno '09 is an Account Executive at Access Emanate Communications with clients including large technology companies
- Sean Lynch '10 interviewed Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa and dozens more Hip Hop starts while working as Assistant Editor for The Source magazine. Lynch now handles social media and marketing for Fila while also working as a journalist for MTV News.