Every year students transfer to St. Francis College to complete their education

Transfer Students

Every year students transfer to St. Francis College to complete their undergraduate education. They know a degree from SFC is an excellent choice on the road to their dreams.

Plus, we make it easy for you to see what credits you can carry over and for which programs you're eligible. You'll have personal counselors in both evaluating your transfer credits (up to 98 credits accepted!) and financial aid to help you take full advantage of the merit- and need- based scholarships available.

Join Us for Transfer Days

We encourage you to apply online and sign-up to receive an immediate admissions decision. During your visit, you will be able to:
  • Meet one-on-one with a Transfer Admissions Counselor
  • Click here to receive an Immediate Admissions Decision for Fall 2019
  • Receive Scholarship Consideration
  • Receive an official transfer credit evaluation
*Be sure to bring your official college transcripts to be considered for admission and scholarship. To schedule your one on one appointment, contact a transfer admissions counselor at 718.489.5200 or by email at transfer@sfc.edu.

Scholarships for Transfer Students

Merit and need-based scholarships are available for qualified students.*

Associates Degree Scholarship: $1,000

Merit-Based Scholarship:**
  • A Student: $10,000 - $12,000
    • B Student: $6,000 - $10,000

    Faith-Based Scholarship: $1,000

    *need-based aid dependent of completion of FAFSA

    **based on GPA and number of credits


    Learn More About Transferring to SFC

    * indicates required
    () - (###) ###-####

    Transferring Credits


    Check out our online Transfer Evaluation System to get an estimate of how many credits we’ll accept:

    • First, select your current college or university
    • Enter the course code in the search box to view the SFC equivalent
    • Click on the “My List Add” button on the right to start a list
    • A new window will keep track of the classes you select. Just click back to the first window to add new courses.

    Once you are done selecting courses, you can either print out the list or email it to yourself.

    Please keep in mind this is only an estimate. An exact count of your credits will be provided once all official college transcripts have been submitted.

    *The final determination of the acceptance of transfer credit is made by the Academic Deans in collaboration with Department Chairs. Upon request, they may review the transcript(s) of transfer students and re-evaluate the granting of transfer credits and/or how transfer credits are applied towards degree requirements.

    More Information

    Read Our Full Transfer Credit Policy

    Advanced Standing

    Transfer Applicants
    Transfer students are those who have withdrawn from another college or university and have been admitted to St. Francis College to complete their course of study. Holders of associate’s degrees earned at accredited two-year colleges are also given transfer status. Transfer students must submit official transcripts from the previously attended schools as well as a secondary school transcript or certificate of graduation. A catalogue from the colleges previously attended may be requested. Generally, credits will be allowed only for courses appropriate to the curriculum selected at St. Francis College and where records show course grades equivalent to or higher than the St. Francis grade of C. A maximum of 98 credits may be accepted toward a bachelor’s degree; 32 towards an associate’s degree. All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits in residence before any undergraduate degree is conferred.

    Advanced Placement Program (AP)
    Students who have completed a college-level course in high school may qualify for advanced placement by achieving a score of 3, 4, or 5 on the Advanced Placement (AP) Test of the College Entrance Examination Board. Questions regarding advanced placement should be addressed to the office of admissions. Information about Advanced Placement Tests may be obtained from the Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 592, Princeton, N.J. 08540.

    Credit through College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
    Advanced standing with credit will be granted upon successful completion of the College Level Examination Program, General Examination, or Subject Examination of the College Entrance Examination Board, Princeton, N.J. Credit is also granted for satisfactory grades earned through the completion of the Excelsior Examinations conducted by the New York State Education Department. Information may be obtained by contacting the respective agencies. Test results should be forwarded to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.

    Credit for Armed Forces Veterans
    Honorably discharged veterans who have completed 6 to 18 months of active service in either the U.S. Armed Forces or those of another country may be granted five credits of the elective requirements toward a degree; those who have completed more than 18 months of service may be granted 10 credits of the elective requirements. Appropriate documentation must be submitted to the Office of the Academic Dean.

    Experiential Learning
    St. Francis College grants credit for learning acquired outside the classroom through its Experiential Learning Assessment Program. This program is available to all students pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Students must submit a portfolio for their prior learning to be assessed. They must petition for a specific number of credits in academic areas in which they are presenting prior learning experience.

    International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
    Students who present an official transcript from an International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) with the designation “Diploma Awarded” are eligible to transfer credit from the International Baccalaureate Program to St. Francis College. Only courses designated level “HL” (higher level) with a score of 4 or higher may be accepted for credit. Contact the Office of the Academic Dean at 718.489.5290 for more information.

    Articulation Agreements With Other Institutions

    Center for Allied Health Education, Brooklyn, New York: 

    Alfred University, Alfred, New York: 

    St. Paul's School of Nursing, Staten Island, New York: 

     Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, New York:

    For more information contact:

    Dr. Kathleen Gray
    Assistant Academic Dean
    St. Francis College