Charter Day Convocation
The St. Francis College community is invited to celebrate the 139th anniversary of the College's charter. On May 8, 1884, the Legislature of the State of New York granted a charter to the Board of Trustees of St. Francis Monastery "to establish a literary college in the City of Brooklyn under the title of St. Francis College." The annual commemoration of Charter Day celebrates the rich tradition and history while honoring the students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
Guest Speakers & Recipients of the St. Clare Medal of Service:
- Council Member Rita Joseph ‘04, Educator and Chair of Education Committee, New York City Council (Serving the 40th District)
- Dr. Debbie Almontaser ’94, CEO & President of Bridging Cultures Group Inc. and Board Secretary, Yemeni American Merchants Association
List of Honorees:
- Airam Aguasvivas de los Santos, Psychology
- Daniyal Atiq, Biology
- Amanda Deveney, Childhood Education
- Janna Ghoneim, Biology
- Zenovia Gonzalez, Biology
- Constantino Infante-Hernandez, Math
- Sarah Kamara, Nursing
- Alkida Koleci, Information Technology
- Kiara Moran, Psychology
- Andrew Odnoralov, Information Technology
- Nina Pluviose, Psychology
- Megi Rama, Economics
- Natalie Roca, Sociology
- Maryam Shuaib, Political Science
- Vladislav Yegay, Accounting
Honorary Duns Scotus Honor Society Inductee(s)
- Meaghan Davis, MA Education, Doctoral Candidate - Director of First Year Experiences
- Shamard Charles, MD-MPH (he/him/his) - Assistant Professor of Public Health
- Virginia A. Franklin, Ph.D. - Associate Professor Department of Literature, Writing, & Publishing
Duns Scotus Scholarship
Pax et Bonum medal for 15 and 25 years of dedicated service as a faculty member.
President's Award medal for 15 and 25 years of dedicated services as an administrator and staff member.
Please note that Charter Night, which was scheduled to take place on the evening of Charter Day, will be rescheduled for later this year, on a date to be determined.