In this special lecture, Dr. Aniket Shah will explain how human rights, sustainability and global finance are interrelated, why they need to converge and what that means for all the agents and stakeholders this global situation involves.
This convergence of frameworks for social action also requires the convergence of mindsets: adopting long-term perspectives, engaging with new types of data and applying frameworks that bring a more comprehensive range of values into consideration.
- Dr. Olivia Bullio Mattos, Professor of Economics, History and Political Science
- Dr. John Dilyard, Professor of Management and Information Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies
This event is presented by St. Francis College's International Office in collaboration with the following SFC partners:
- Institute for Global Engagement
- Department of Economics, History and Political Science
- Department of Management and Information Technology
- Department of Accounting and Business Law
- SFC chapter of Amnesty International USA
Dr. Shah is currently an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs, where he teaches on sustainable finance and international development. He is also a Senior Fellow at the Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment, where he leads the organization's efforts on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investment research in the public and private sectors.
For more information, email Esther Hassell, Administrative Assistant and Programming Specialist. Click on the link below to register and to learn more about the event.