For college students to succeed in our modern economy, there is no substitute for hands-on experience. SFC Innovate, is a new office dedicated to enhancing co-curricular experiences and career exploration. This is a partnership between St. Francis College and Ikove Venture Partners.
Health Care Management
Make Health Care Work Better For Everyone
Learn to deliver high-quality health care effectively and efficiently. With a degree in Health Care Management you can work on the front lines helping people get efficient, high quality care.
Our professors will teach you the managerial skills and tools you need to be an effective leader in health care.Healthcare is one of today’s most dynamic and faster growing fields offering a wide range of opportunities and challenges. Studying at St. Francis College puts you in the middle of major market and gives you access to jobs in:
- Health insurance organizations
- Health care associations
- Nursing homes
- Physician practices
- Mental health organizations
- Public health departments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Universities and research institutions
The Health Care Management major provides a fundamental and thorough education in the liberal arts tradition while concurrently providing pre-professional preparation in the field of health care management, particularly as regards health care facilities such as hospitals and nursing homes. Mastery of the liberal arts core as well as communication skills built sequentially into the major curriculum support the graduate as he or she enters and adapts to changes in the professional domain and contributes to his or her success as a mature and responsible citizen beyond graduation. The program is designed to prepare students for careers immediately after graduation and/or graduate school and professional training.
Imploring the graduates to 'Stand up and yell," WNBC 4 New York Anchor and Reporter David Ushery commended the Class of 2018 for overcoming obstacles and doing the work necessary to reach Spring Commencement on May 17 at the Ford Amphitheater in Coney Island.
Putting together rankings from various publishers and student reviews from a variety of sources, the organization, College Consensus, has named St. Francis College as the 6th Best Regional College in the North.
Health Care institutions make up the top five employers in New York City and New York State and now St. Francis College offers a way for you to take advantage of the numerous jobs in the industry with its new Master's Degree in Management.
Leading by example, Valerie Kaufmann '18 will share her successes and hopes to make the world a better place when she delivers her Valedictory Address on Thursday, May 17 at the Ford Amphitheater on the Coney Island Boardwalk at 12:00pm.
A surprise honor for retiring Accounting Professor Geoffrey Horlick was one of the highlights of St. Francis College's 134th Charter Day Convocation held April 27, 2018
- Prepare Health Care Management majors with the tools they will need to work in health care facilities.
- Prepare students for graduate study.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviors appropriate to entry-level positions in health care management.
- Students will demonstrate respect and understanding of diverse populations and achieve a level of cultural competency appropriate for professional working environments.
- Students will learn to work constructively and collaboratively in a working/research group or committee.
- Student will gain “hands-on” experience working and/or volunteering in a professional work environment as part of a “service-learning” or internship experience.
- Students will investigate, analyze and write a well-documented research paper based on a complex health problem
- Students will formulate a comprehensive oral presentation.
- Students will develop, achieve and sustain a commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Students will formulate strategic plans for a health care facility
- Students will solve case studies involving health care management issues.
- Students will become proficient in health policy and regulations regarding health care facilities.