Imploring the graduates to 'Stand up and yell," WNBC 4 New York Anchor and Reporter David Ushery commended the Class of 2018 for overcoming obstacles and doing the work necessary to reach Spring Commencement on May 17 at the Ford Amphitheater in Coney Island.
Make the World a Healthier Place
A sound body leads to a sound mind. Becoming a Physical Education teacher is an amazing way to reach thousands of children and help make the world a healthier place.
A sound body leads to a sound mind.
The Physical Education Major is part of the Education Department and boosts a highly successful track record, putting many students on the path for a variety of careers.
- Psychology of Sport,
- Motor Learning,
- Adapted PE
- The study of human movement,
- Exercise physiology,
- Legal concepts,
- Practical teaching skills,
- and, Assessment of physical education
Leading by example, Valerie Kaufmann '18 will share her successes and hopes to make the world a better place when she delivers her Valedictory Address on Thursday, May 17 at the Ford Amphitheater on the Coney Island Boardwalk at 12:00pm.
A surprise honor for retiring Accounting Professor Geoffrey Horlick was one of the highlights of St. Francis College's 134th Charter Day Convocation held April 27, 2018
They come from New York City and around the world; St. Francis College students and faculty who work together for the common goal of improving themselves and the world around them.
In a deeply personal address with anecdotes about his family and an exploration of the mission of college education in the modern day, St. Francis College President Miguel Martinez-Saenz laid out an ambitious plan setting the College on a path of growth and transformation.
The Class of 2018 is honored at Winter Commencement.
The goals of the St. Francis Physical Education Program are to prepare teachers who are:
- Familiar with the New York State Learning Standards in Physical Education.
- Familiar with current research and practices in Physical Education.
- Disposed to be reflective, caring learners who strive for excellence in teaching.
- Models of health and fitness and active, informed citizens who are committed to lifelong learning.
- Committed to continually increase their knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Determined to create a classroom environment where health, fitness, and good sportsmanship are a priority.
- Effective communicators to learners, parents, and peers.
Advocates for health, fitness, and integrated learning.